Welcome to NMIT Library
NMIT Library aims to provide excellent resources, services and facilities to support learning, teaching, research and consultancy activities for NMIT community.
As the Institute's knowledge centre, NMIT Library shares NMIT’s aspiration to provide the most dynamic learning environment in the maritime field.
Tel: 07-2182094 (City Campus) or 07-5608053 (Educity Campus)
|Monday - Thursday||8.30 am - 5.30 pm|
|Friday||8.30 am - 12.30 pm
2.30 pm - 5.30 pm
|Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays||Closed|
The circulation/customer services counter & computer lab will be closed 15 minutes before the library closing time.
BORROW & RENEW
PRINT, COPY & SCAN
COMPUTER & INTERNET
NMIT library collects and maintains print and digital resources to support teaching, learning and research activities at NMIT. Besides books, our collections are mostly open access consisting of journals, encyclopaedias, glossary, directories, proceedings, annual reports, bulletin, manuals, CD-ROMs, DVDs, Cassettes and Atlas.
If you have any difficulties to access the journal articles, please send an email to the librarian for assistance (email@example.com). Please specify the article title, journal title, and publication year. For further enquiries, please contact Ms. Latiffah binti Mohd Lokoman at 07-2182020.
10 Most Popular Title List
NMIT LIBRARY SEARCH
Search collections for books, articles, journals..
Study & Research
NMIT Library offers specialised study and research assistance through a range of channels, including online guides. If you can’t find the guide you need, please come and see the librarian at the Library Counter or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Borrowing and Returning
|CATEGORIES||LOAN ELIGIBILITY||LOAN PERIOD (DAYS)|
|Academic Staff (full time/part time)||4||30|
- Fines for overdue books is RM5 per day
- Lost and damaged items is the book’s price plus RM20 for processing fee
Renewal of books already borrowed is possible if the item is not reserved or recalled by another user. An item can only be renewed twice. Renewal can be done in person at a Circulation Counter or a patron may renew by:
- Phone – Users can call the library Circulation Counter at 07 2182094/ 07 5608053 anytime between library opening hours
- Email – send email to email@example.com with the item details to be renewed
Library users can reserve an item that is on loan by another user. Once returned, the item on hold will be kept at the counter for 3 days, after which it will be given to the next person on the list or returned to the shelf.
The Intra-library Loan service enables patrons to obtain items located at other Library sites within NMIT without going by her/his self to the particular library. Library users can request the service by submitting intra-library request form at the Library counters.
Interlibrary loan is the process by which a library requests material from another library. It helps users to obtain material not available in the user’s local library to meet the educational and developmental needs of NMIT staff and students. This is done through collaborations with other local academic institutions. Library users can request the service by submitting inter-library request form at the Library counters. The form can be downloaded here:
|TYPE OF SERVICE||RATE (RM)|
- Library opening hours, as determined from time to time, will be posted on the Library’s notice board and main entrance.
- Only registered patrons are allowed to enter the library and use the services provided.
- Patrons are required to display their student ID cards while in the library.
- Patrons must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library.
- Pets are not allowed in the Library.
- Only reading and writing materials may be brought into the Library. Other materials such as bags, umbrellas, parcels, crash helmets, etc., are not to be brought into the library. The Library Management accepts no responsibility for loss of any of these items.
- Communication devices that may cause disturbances are forbidden in the library.
- Hand phones are allowed to be brought into the library but patrons are prohibited from making and receiving phone calls.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Silence must be strictly observed in the Library.
- Mutilating or stealing Library materials/properties are liable to strict disciplinary action.
- Reservation of seat is not permitted.
- Patrons are not allowed to remove or change the placement of chairs, tables or any other furniture in the Library.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for loss of personal belonging(s) left unattended.
- Customers may be required to show all books and items they are carrying for inspection at the exit gate before leaving the Library. This is especially when the exit gate’s alarm rings.
- Patrons are prohibited to hold any discussions in the library that may disturb other users.
- Latest newspapers, journals and magazines that have been read must be put at its original shelves.
- Books that have been browsed through must be returned onto the trolley provided.
- Patrons are not allowed to relocate a book from its original shelf.
- A buzzer will be rung ten minutes before closing time and all users must vacate the premise.
- The Library staff on duty has the authority to ask any patron, who causes any disturbance in the Library to leave.
- The Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
- The Librarian may amend the Library Rules and Regulations as and when necessary.